Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Moving On

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I finally decided after my appointment yesterday that it's time for me to switch. My appointment was at 10:45, I didn't see the doctor until 12:15. Then when I finally got to see her, she had no idea who I was (hello! read my chart before you walk in so you can at least pretend like you know what's going on!), spent 2 minutes with me and sent me on my way. I never feel as unimportant as when I go to that doctor's office. So needless to say the switch is quite a relief, even though I haven't seen my new doctor yet I feel so much more relaxed and positive. Babywise, everything is going good. Her heartbeat is strong during each ultrasound and Doppler, she's growing right on target, and she's kicking regularly. Bellywise, I'm starting to get big!
We still have yet to paint the baby's room. With all the other house renovations going on, it's kinda been put on the back burner. Although I just realized that we only have 14 weeks left to get ready for her and not one thing is ready! So I'm getting a little nervous. To ease my mind a little, Ryan went and registered with me this weekend so we could get that done and out of the way and then we decided that we would get the baby's room painted and the carpet re-layed before we moved onto our next project (the bathrooms).

Haha, but nothing ever goes as according to plan with this house. It's kind of funny, last night we went to my parents to borrow a box fan (I'll explain why we needed it in a second) and started talking about how nothing is ever easy with this house and my dad said "Well, they say if your marriage can make it through building or renovating a house, it can make it through anything!" I would have to agree. I think the strength of our marriage has definitely been tested - going through two intense school programs at the same time and now renovating a house while I'm pregnant (and let me tell you, I haven't exactly been a peach). I just thought that was funny.

So anyway, back to the story! We have been noticing lately that when we take a shower, the tile outside of the shower looks wet. We just thought it was maybe splashing out, so we laid a towel down outside to catch any splashed water and turned the shower head so it wouldn't splash on the back part of the shower. So last night Ryan was investigating (as I call it - any of you that know him know what I mean) and saw that the wood floor in the hallway on the other side of the bathroom looked wet where it meets the carpet in our master bedroom so he pulled back the carpet in our bedroom to find some lovely mold growing along the wall and carpet (hence the need for the fan to dry everything out). So apparently the tub is leaking somewhere and we need to get that mess cleaned up ASAP. Looks like the baby's room is going to have to wait a little longer :( Oh well, I guess it will give me more time to decide what I want to do, since I have no idea. Then after that's finished, all the big renovations will be done!!! Woohoo! Then I can finally post some pictures :)

5 comments:

Jen said...

home renovations are such a head ache. You just wish you could just snap your fingers & it's done!

That totally stinks about your Dr. Hope your new one is great:)

Jones Family said...

Crud, nothing worse than finding mold, especially when you're about to have a baby! Good luck with all the hard work ahead:-)

Jen & Blake said...

That stinks, can this please be the last surprise of the new house!? Let me know if we can help! I love looking at all the baby posts. I am sure you will like your new DR. and the new purchases are super fun!! We need to get together this week:)

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

wow! what fun!! I know how that goes. call me if you need a painting partner or anything else you need help with. Your belly is so cute!

Caton said...

so cute, i love your little tummy and sign!