Monday, July 21, 2008

Golden Poo

*** DON'T READ IF YOU ARE EASILY GROSSED OUT ***
Well, the first day went good-ish! It was kinda thrown off because the technologist who was training me and another new girl they hired (they hired SIX people!!!) kept treating us like brand new student who didn't know what we were doing. The only bad thing that happened was a good ol' barium enema printed out! Only this one was therapeutic, meaning she can't go and we're basically trying to get her to go #2! Gross, I know! This is by far the most disgusting thing my job entails! We have to put the enema tip up her butt for her and basically pump her colon full of contrast (dye) so we can see the outline of it on xrays. However on this lady, we must have dislodged something and she went all over the table and herself. So after the exam, we had to clean her up before we sent her upstairs. So we're rolling her to get the poo covered sheets out from underneath her and what happens to the other new girl and I? Of course we get poo on our arms! I wanted to throw up, but I managed to keep it in.

Afterwards, I was thinking about how disgusting this part of my job is and how I was sure that none of my other friends were staring at somebody's poo at their jobs. Then I realized that I was making good money (especially compared to what I used to make) and then I thought, 'for what I'm making, maybe it really isn't that bad.' That's just crazy talk! Maybe being pooped on isn't worth that money, but I can definitely ignore someone treated me like crap for that much!

5 comments:

natalie said...

hahaha, that's horrible! Quite the first day...

Caton said...

hahaha oh karlee, i am sorry!

Molly and Molly said...

karlee, rest assured that you are not the only one that deals with poop on the job.
exhibit one: when i was working in day care i changed infant diapers AND i was in charge of the 2 year old room for 6 months meaning i spent *a lot* of time in the bathroom potty training, cleaning up accidents, and changing diapers
exhibit two: teaching preschool means that sometimes you have to help wipe butts
exhibit three: last year, we had a "mystery pooper" in our school. some kid was randomly pooping on the boys' bathroom floor and even once in the hallway.
adult poop is grosser, but i thought this may make you feel better.

ps. YEAH for surviving the first day!

Michelle said...

Ok so thats gross and all but at least you get paid for it (you too Molly)!!!! Think about us Moms that have to clean up poo as a daily routine and we don't get paid for it!! And trust me 2 year old poo is just like 50 year old poo, it all stinks!!! hahahaha Just wait till your a mom some day.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

hahhaahha that is thebest story I have heard all day! I am so sorry Karlee but at least you can entertain us!!