Sunday, October 12, 2008

I should teach lessons

I had another great day! I started off by going to the gym, then headed over to Kirkland Home since it was on my way home ... okay it was a few miles out of the way but still in the general direction. There I got a picture frame in which to put some of the pictures I took at the beach this year that I'm rather proud of. The awesome thing is it matches the other big frame I got a couple months ago and it was only $19.99 which I thought was a pretty good deal b/c it's pretty big!

Here it is with the bigger matching one:


I haven't hung it yet b/c I think I'm going to get another one to hang with the other two in the hallway.

After Kirkland I went over to Joann's because I've been wanting a big 'W' they have but every time I go, the ones they have in stock are always bent and dented. As I walked in the store I saw all their fall stuff with beautiful 50% off signs above everything. Dang those ingenious people who put all the enticing stuff right at the entrance (or just dang me for being like a moth drawn to a flame at the site of a sale sign)! Needless to say, I ended up with a bunch of fall decorations and totally forgot about the 'W'. My favorite purchase was a wreath:

It was a little on the thinner side, but I loved the fruit and berries on it and it was only $9.99, so I just bought a couple bunches of leaves and other fillers for a couple bucks (they were 50% off too):


... and some wire and just cut the leaves off the bunch and wired them into the wreath. It seriously took maybe 10 minutes and the end product turned out better than I thought:



All in all, a good day! On a side note, I can't believe how much wreaths cost! Even wreaths at Target are still $40+. From now on I'm making my own!

P.S. Don't tell Ryan :)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

WOW that wreath looks awesome you can make me one now!!

Jen said...

Gotta love Kirklands & Joanns- I'm guessing you were at Riverview:)
I try to stay away from those stores cause i get too carried away. But i LOVE them both!!!!
Great job on the wreath!

aleisha said...

You are a dork about the W. You even said at my house you needed to go back and get one when you saw my M! I want to redo my letter so once you get yours, let me know... I need ideas on what to do with it.

Caton said...

you made the wreath so cute, i was just thinking how expensive the fall stuff was at target too, i need to get more creative

Boston Paynes said...

Way cute wreath !!! Come over and help me make one !! I also love your picture frame with your wedding photos. I need to do something like that with mine. You are just way too Martha Stewart and I love it.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

you're so crafty!! I went to Hobby lobby the other day to get stuff to make a wreath and got so over-whelmed so i just left it in the cart and ran out the door! i waste so much $$$ because I'd rather just buy it already done. I'm such a dork!!