Thursday, March 18, 2010
Moms, I need your opinion
I'm looking into what baby things I want and we finally settled on a stroller, but now we have to pick out the color. I really like the black, but is black too hot to have in Arizona and would it show more than a lighter stroller would? The stroller we decided on is the Uppababy Vista, here are the colors:




Which one would you choose and why?











9 comments:
No matter what the color is going to fade and get sun bleached, also I would pick a color that you would like for a girl or boy. I really like the red.
But I do have two thoughts on the stroller, can an older kid fit comfortably in it? I looked at a double stroller that had a similar foot rest and it pushed Gavin's knees into his chest, and thats when he was only 2! And yes he will still ride in a stroller depending on where we are so I would consider that. Just think how long will this last.... And does it come with a car seat carrier? When they're itty bitty you just lug them around in the carrier and then you don't have to transfer them from stroller to car seat.
I don't know what other strollers you looked at but I have a lot of friends who have a lot of kids and they all loved the Chicco Cortina because the seat reclines almost totally flat and the foot rest folds up to make a bassinet.
Sorry for all the info I've just gone through 4 strollers so I've messed around with a lot of them and have talked to all my friends about what they do or don't like.
Thanks, that's a good point about color fading. As for an old kid fitting in it, it does hold up to 50 lbs, but I'm not sure how high the seat is. I do know they've added 1 1/2" in head room on the new model. You can get a car seat adapter for a few different brands of car seats and it had 4 recline positions, one is totally flat. I'll have to find out how high the seat is.
I have no child advice but I like the gray one. that's all!
I love all of the colors but I personally would NOT get the black because it WILL show everything dirty on it. I have also heard great things about the Chicco Cortina, fyi:-) Good luck choosing and how fun!
I would for sure get one that has a car seat carrier. When she is little she will sleep a lot and you don't want to have to move her out of her car seat and into the stroller. The Chicco Cortina does look nice.
If I were to do it all over again, i would buy a double stroller honestly. Now that I have 2 kids I have cram them into a large single stroller.
after only a few months you can just use a cheap umbrella stroller.
what can i say I try and find the cheapest route :)
But I do love the green/teal one.
If I were to do it all over again, i would buy a double stroller honestly. Now that I have 2 kids I have cram them into a large single stroller.
after only a few months you can just use a cheap umbrella stroller.
what can i say I try and find the cheapest route :)
But I do love the green/teal one.
I like the red one but I think the black would be just fine. My first stroller had a lot of black on it and it did fine in AZ. Besides when will you be outside in the sun for long periods of time in AZ? I do like the advice of making sure it would be good for as she gets older especially since you are investing a lot into the stroller. See if Jen & the boys will go with you and put Tate & Camden in it to see how they fit or I can go with you next time I'm in town. Also, they do fall asleep alot in their car seat so you won't want to move her back & forth so I'm not sure how much you would really use the bassinet. If its extra I wouldn't get it. Thats my 2 cents. Good luck !!
Karlee I agree with the whole sleeping thing. Much easier to put them in from a car seat into a stroller without wakeing them. I would also say go for a light color for a couple reasons : 1 it is cooler than a dark one, 2 it won't fade, and 3 the baby will throw up in it and a light one wont show the stains from that along with the food and or dirt when she gets older. That's my opinion/ learning as I go with my own kids. Also do what feels right for you and your family at the end of it all, all of what we say is JUST an opinion :0)
Post a Comment