Monday, January 3, 2011

Snow in Arizona?!


On December 30th, I was just cleaning and doing things around the house while Macy was napping when I got a text. I picked up my phone and saw it was a text from my mom that said "it's snowing at my office!" My mom's office is only a few miles from my house so I rushed to the door and as soon as I opened it, I saw tiny little flakes glistening down. In the 27 years I've lived in Arizona, I have never actually seen it snow in Mesa. I know it has a few times, but I had never seen it. I was so excited! I ran outside to my driveway and just watched them float down. It didn't last very long and then it stopped. Hoping it would start again, I ran inside to get Macy's monitor and my camera. Luckily when I cam back out, it started up again and this time it was really coming down! I couldn't believe my eyes!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Scott & I totally missed it. I was way bummed!
So cool you got pics of it :)

Caton said...

soo cool, wish i could have seen it!

Jones Family said...

Cool, I missed it:-( The only time I've seen it snowing in Mesa was when I was like 8 yrs old.

Kelli said...

Do you know how mad i was to arrive via airplane that day from the frozen midwest, to the "valley of the sun" and watch it snowing into my parents' pool? I felt like i had really been ripped-off!!!! It never got really warm the whole 4 days we were there.