Friday, July 11, 2008

Yes I know it's late ...

Ugh, I'm hating our new schedules. Since Ryan has started clinicals, he's been getting up at 5am and going to bed at 9p or whenever he gets home from work. However, since I don't have to wake up early for anything anymore and work until 10:30 4 nights a week, I'm having a hard time waking up early and going to bed earlier. I miss waking up early though. I had never had a job I had to be at before 9:00 and I live only a couple miles from that job, so when I had to start waking up at 4:45 for my clinicals I thought I was going to dread waking up early every morning, but I honestly miss it. I miss driving to work and seeing the sky lighten behind the supersitions before the sun comes up, it's gorgeous. I also miss getting up when it's still a little cool out. Anyway, since our schedules are conflicting, I end up staying up til 1, sometime 2 in the morning because it takes me a couple hours to wind down after work. This results in me being bored while Ryan sleeps (I would go to bed, but I would just toss & turn, keeping Ryan up). Okay, enough with the venting.



I found an awesome website if you're trying to keep track of what you're eating. Since I've been trying to get in shape lately, I've been watching how much fat, carbs, protein and sugar I eat and it's a pain in the butt to do it manually. To look on the back of everything you're eating and putting it all in the same place, but what about fruits & stuff that don't come with nutritional information, or what about going out to eat? Anyway, this website has a huge collection of anything you could buy in the grocery store, plus lots of stuff you would order in resteraunts and you can keep track of how much water you drink too! It's awesome! I'm always up for anything that makes me life easier!!



Here's the website if anyone's interested:

The Daily Plate

1 comment:

Caton said...

karlee! that website is awesome, my sister just introduced it to me a few weeks ago and it makes things so easy! also i joined a gym called planet fitness right by my house on university and dorsey, and i like it so far, and it is only $15 a month which you cannot beat.